- Project is 8 laning of 23.40 Kms section of Vadodara – Mumbai Expressway
- Financial Closure achieved before time at the Bid Project Cost
- Ties up finances for Rs. 981 Crores from lenders
- NHAI support for project will be Rs. 817 Crores
- Equity Contribution from Company will be Rs. 245 Crores
Mumbai, October 18, 2018: IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd. (IRB Infra) has achieved the third Financial Closure through its SPV, VK1 Expressway Private Ltd., in a span of just 20 days for its third HAM project of Vadodara Kim expressway section of 23.40 Kms from Padra to Vadodara.
This has come after two successive financial closures for two HAM projects achieved at the end of September 2018 for its projects in South India
Mr. Virendra D. Mhaiskar, Chairman & Managing Director, while commenting on the development said, “To achieve financial closure for a project in the present scenario was a challenge for us. It’s matter of pride for us that within a span of almost 20-21 days, we achieved financial closures for all three projects under Hybrid Annuity Model. The lenders have once again shown high trust in our domain expertise, execution capabilities and financial discipline demonstrated over last 20 years. We are highly obliged to be privileged with such high trust and confidence of lenders in us, even in the present lending environment.”
VK1 Expressway Private Limited is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of India’s leading and one of the largest Highways Infrastructure developers, IRB Infra, formed and entrusted to undertake the construction and management of Company’s third HAM project, viz., 8 laning of 23.40 Kms section between Padra and Vadodara on Vadodara – Mumbai Expressway.
To re-iterate, IRB Infra had bagged three projects under Hybrid Annuity Model (HAM) in March 2018. Out of these three, the first two, i.e., Puducherry to Poondiyankuppam (38 Kms.) and Poondiyankuppam to Sattanathpuram (56.80 Kms) have achieved Financial Closure at the Bid Project Cost at the end of September 2018 on two consecutive days. With the third financial closure achieved, IRB Infra has financially closed all its HAM projects.
The highlights of the Project and Financial Closure:
- Project involves 8 Laning of 23.40 Kms stretch between Padra and Vadodara on the Vadodara – Mumbai Expressway.
- The project concession will be for 15 years and the tolling and construction will be commenced from the Appointed Date.
- Project will be receiving the financial support of Rs. 817 Crores from NHAI and equity of Rs. 245 Crores from the Company and Project Financing of Rs. 981 Crores from the lenders.
About IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd:
IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd (IRB) is India’s leading and one of the largest private roads and highways infrastructure developers, with presence in BOT and HAM space.
The Company has a portfolio of 17 owned projects and 7 projects under O&M contracts as a Project manager for IRB InvIT. Of the 17 owned projects, 7 projects are under operational BOT space; 3 under HAM space; 4 projects under Tolling & Construction, another 2 projects under advanced stages of construction and 1 project under development stage.
IRB Group, in the 20th year of its journey towards excellence since inception, has achieved an unmatchable milestone of having portfolio of 12,800 lane Kms, including ~ 20% share in India’s ambitious Golden Quadrilateral project; which is largest by any private highways infrastructure developers in India.
Company’s order book as on date stands at more than Rs.14,100 Crores.
IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd. is India’s first Infrastructure developer Company to have privilege of successfully launching and listing of India’s first ever InvIT IPO and also transferring 7 projects under the same.
For further details, please contact:
- Vivek Devasthali, Head – Corporate Communications, 99300 80099, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shahab Shaikh, Concept PR, 93208 97525, email@example.com