IRB INFRA’S SPV COMMISSIONS YEDESHI – AURANGABAD HIGHWAY
FOUR LANING OF AROUND 162 KMS COMPLETED AND THROWN OPEN FOR PUBLIC OUT OF TOTAL LENGTH OF 189 KM STRETCH OF NH211
SPV STARTS TOLL COLLECTION W.E.F 17TH MARCH 2019, IN LINE WITH THE PROVISIONAL CERTIFICATION FROM COMPETENT AUTHORITY
PROJECT HAS A CONCESSION PERIOD OF 26 YEARS
Mumbai, March 18, 2019: IRB Infra’s SPV, Yedeshi Aurangabad Tollway Pvt. Ltd. (YATPL), has partially commissioned its four laning highway project Yedeshi to Aurangabad, in the State of Maharashtra, on March 17, 2019; thus, throwing open all four lanes for vehicular traffic.
The SPV is in possession of the Provisional Certification from the Competent Authority to commence tolling w.e.f. 17th March 2019, as it has completed 85.60% work of the project admeasuring 161.87 Kms, out of total length of 189 Kms of the Yedeshi – Aurangabad Section of NH-211. Accordingly, the SPV has started tolling on the project from 17th March 2019.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chairman & Managing Director of the Company Mr. Virendra D. Mhaiskar said, “The newly widened highway will now have direct and quicker connectivity between two major cities of Maharashtra – Solapur and Aurangabad; thus further smoothening the connectivity between South and North India. We hope that it would bring a boost to the economy of the region as well as a good traveling experience for both, passengers and goods transporters, with high safety”. He further added, “This is our third BOT project commissioned successively after Kaithal – Rajasthan Border Project in September 2017 and Solapur – Yedeshi Project in March 2018 and now Yedeshi – Aurangabad in March 2019; which demonstrates consistencies in project execution capabilities of the Company to bring better highway connectivity for developing India.”
Key features of the project:
- Total project length 189.1 Kms section on NH 211. The stretch connects the prime places in the State including Tulajapur and Osmanabad.
- NHAI awarded this project under DBFOT pattern to IRB Infra for converting existing 2 lanes into 4 lanes, at a Project cost of Rs.3,370 Crores
- Project has Viability Gap Funding of Rs.558 Crores from the NHAI.
- The project will have service road of 73.71 kms; 18 pedestrian underpasses; 5 flyovers; 5 major bridges; 57 small bridges; 98 intersections; 194 culverts; and one railway over bridge along with 3 Toll Plazas
- The Concession period for project is 26 years
- Tolling commenced w.e.f. March 17, 2019 midnight
- COD achieved in line with provisional certification issued by the Competent Authority
About IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd:
IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd (IRB) is one of the largest private roads and highways infrastructure developers in India.
The Company’s BOT portfolio includes having 7 operational projects; 4 projects under Tolling & Construction, 7 projects under O & M contracts as a Project Manager for IRB InvIT and another 2 projects under various stages of construction. In HAM space, the company has 3 projects – one under construction and two awaiting appointed date from NHAI.
IRB Group, in the 21st year of its journey towards excellence since inception, has achieved an unmatchable milestone of 12,800 lane Kms, along with almost 20% share in India’s prestigious Golden Quadrilateral project; which is the largest by any private highways infrastructure developers in India.
Company’s construction order book as on 31st December 2018 stands at ~Rs.12,170 Crores.
For further details, please contact:
- Vivek Devasthali, Head – Corporate Communications, 99300 80099, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shahab Shaikh, Concept PR, 93208 97525, email@example.comPosted on